This guidance is for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection who are required to stay at home.
The main messages are:
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious
- Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- Sleep alone, if that is possible
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
- You do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
For more information please visit www.gov.uk.