IMPORTANT: Prescriptions are taking longer to get ready at the pharmacies due to a higher volume than usual. For now, please assume it will take 3 working days for any prescriptions to be ready, starting from when the request is received at the surgery.
To help alleviate current pressures, and to ensure medication stays in stock at the pharmacies:
- Do not order your medication too soon. We allow our patients to order most medication 14 days before it is actually due, please do not order them earlier than this, they will not be processed.
- Do not request more than your normal amount. Much like food/toilet roll – if we increase the quantity on prescriptions, they will soon run out of stock.
- Download the NHS App, you can speed up the time taken for your prescription to be processed by using the app.
- You can now ring the surgery to order prescriptions between 10am and 1pm and pressing option 3. This should be reserved for those patients without mobile phone access who cannot use the NHS App.
- We have a prescription post box outside our entrance. This is for anyone who has no access to online/mobile/telephone ordering. Please use this post box to drop in prescriptions instead of coming into the surgery to drop them in.