Our in-house pharmacist practitioner, who has been practising for 15 years and has experience in general practice, community pharmacy, the NHS and intermediate care centres throughout Gloucestershire. Ziad is a specialist in medicines and supports the practice and our patients by: -
- Managing cardiovascular disease for the practice to ensure that blood pressure, cholesterol and other major cardiovascular diseases are adequately controlled.
- Undertaking clinics for any patients who are taking lots of medication and may need help to manage their medication routine and/or see if any medication can be stopped or changed if deemed appropriate.
- Reviewing patients with rheumatoid arthritis on an annual basis to manage cardiovascular risk factors and ensure all treatments are optimised.
- Seeing patients with chronic pain to ensure medication regimes are safe and effective.
- Being contactable by telephone for any medication or prescription queries you may have.
- Being available for any patients who have recently been discharged from hospital and may want a chat about any changes to medications to make sure they are all appropriate.
- Working alongside all the GPs, nurses, HCAs and reception staff to ensure processes within the practice are efficient and stay safe.