This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

New Patient Registration

Practice Area

The practice can only accept patients from Churchdown, Innsworth, Down Hatherley, Norton, Boddington and Staverton.

If you move out of our area, you will need to register with another practice. If you change your name, address or contact telephone number please inform the practice as soon as possible.

Registering with the Practice

Patients are registered with the practice and not with an individual doctor. Patients are free to see a doctor of their choice, but we do encourage patients to see the same doctor to facilitate continuity of care. The practice will endeavour to comply, however if this is not possible and if this were to be the case, an explanation will be offered.

To register with the practice, please visit or contact the practice and reception will be happy to assist you. If you have your medical card, please bring this with you and, if registering children, their history of immunisations if possible.

Practice Acceptance Policy

In line with countywide guidance, Churchdown Surgery has implemented a Practice Acceptance Policy, which requires the patient to produce documentation to confirm their entitlement to free NHS Primary Care Treatment when they apply to register with our practice.

In order to avoid discrimination, this policy will apply to all patients requesting to register either permanently or temporarily.

Patients are requested to present two forms of identification/proof of residency when registering, these can include:

  • Passport
  • Driving License
  • National Insurance Card
  • NHS Card
  • Recent Bank Statement
  • Recent Utility Invoice
  • Correspondence from a Government Body

We would like to thank patients for their co-operation and assistance with this matter.

Newly Registered Patients

All newly registered patients will be offered an appointment with the health care assistant (or doctor if needing medication) for a routine healthcare examination.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website