We are a large practice with 13700+ patients situated in Churchdown, a large village situated between Gloucester and Cheltenham, and are proud to have been serving the area for over 100 years.
Our purpose is to work with our patients to promote the health of our growing community, by ensuring excellent patient care is delivered by a friendly, highly motivated and respected health care team.
Our close-knit team is committed to offering high quality, safe and effective care with a focus on providing excellent patient access and continuity of care.
We are proud to play our part in training the primary care staff of the future and hope you will help us develop as a training hub. You may be offered appointments with qualified doctors undergoing further training in General Practice. From time to time we also have medical students, 6th formers planning to study medicine, paramedics and nurses attached to the practice. You may be asked if they can observe your consultation.
- To be a caring, attentive and supportive team.
- To provide the highest quality, effective and safe healthcare to our patients.
- To be understanding, accommodating and responsive to the needs of our patients.
- To show courtesy and treat patients with dignity, respect and compassion.
- To provide personal care with continuity of support.
- To promote best practice through utilising specialist expertise in the practice and externally.
- To involve and support patients in their care and help them to make decisions to improve and maintain their health, including their families and carers when necessary.
- To work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals and bodies to ensure our patients receive the best possible care.
- To listen to our patients and practice staff, to value their comments, suggestions and contributions to our practice.
- We have an open and honest culture, with accountability for our actions enabling us to learn and constantly improve.
- To be adaptive, to embrace change, develop and grow by providing a positive learning environment.
- To remain positive, enthusiastic and to encourage each other in our work.
From the Churchdown Surgery Team – May 2016